View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 04:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrious View Post
I had posted this in the Post War section last week, but I thought posting here might be more appropriate since it was a dedicated thread to the 1947 Bond Bread Jackie.

I bought this card 2 years ago thinking this was the regular base set 1947 Bond Bread Jackie Robinson, but when I sent it to SGC for grading, it was sent back saying "cannot/do not grade", insinuating this card was not from the 1947 set. After it came back, I bought a common card from the actual 1947 set that I knew was legit, and I could tell the difference then in hand, since I could touch and feel them side by side. The Jackie card I have is the exact same size as the authentic 1947 common card, except it's stock is not as thick as the cardboard the authentic common is printed on. The best way I can describe it, is that it's thinner than cardboard, but thicker than a magazine/comic cover, if that makes sense. Is my Jackie card from a later unauthorized reprint set? It's definitely old, which you can see in the pics and in hand. Any ideas on what "imposter" this could be?

Just curious. Have you read this whole thread?