View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Default NEWLY Discovered Uncataloged D351 Grennan Bakery Card #3

Posted By: Rich Klein

And I believe, as the amount of cards in a tome changed and grew exponentially; sometimes you just had to put the same price down for a card to get the conversation started. You'd be amazed how many people want prices for every card just as a guide.
While I did start to have cards known to be scarce with no prices; most people (i.e. your average collector) wanted SOME price down on paper; at least to start the conversation. I believe that we all did that to start the conversation and then get feedback the price is too low. I'll also speak on behalf of Don F. here who I guarantee will appreciate ANY and all feedback about issues like this for his work with F&W.
Frankly, the problem is the same for our beloved pre-war cards and some parallel inserts of modern players. There are always players who sell above what the average player of the same ability does even if their base card is equivalent.
You are fortunate that your card universe is significanly smaller than any of the major sports -- when I left Beckett, there were more than 25,000 different sets in the baseball data base alone -- I have your fine tomes on Boxing and I would say it may be 1-2% of that amount of boxing cards.

Regards
Rich