View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyygameused View Post
I have respect for everyone on this forum because I know there is a plethora of knowledge on this site, I've stated this before during my short 30 or less posts now. Would you like to be disrespected and called a scammer knowing how much you and I seem to both love and respect this hobby? If you accuse someone of a crime, wouldn't you expect an innocent person or shout from the mountain tops?
No one called you a scammer or accused you of a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyygameused View Post
While some of you may not respect he credibility of the site I'm coming from it does not take away from the fact that I'm not new to this hobby. I'm just new to this area, and that's why I was deferring to the knowledge on the board. I'm extremely disappointed with this thread but then again who am I right? Truly unfortunate
No one (from what I can tell) does not respect GUU. They are not nearly as welcoming toward new guys as we are - as I stated earlier, they largely ignore them unless they are purchasing something, and they also aren't as protective when it comes to forgeries, since they don't have to be - there isn't a modern autograph that comes close to the value of a Babe Ruth. So you are an unknown new guy, posting Babe Ruth forgeries, which we are sensitive about. I could see how you might feel more comfortable if we treated you from the outset as if you were a well-respected member of another forum, even if we didn't know that, but it's weird to me that you can't see why your posts have raised some eyebrows over here. Despite that, no one called you a scammer or a criminal.

If it makes you feel better, I'll go over to GUU with my 24-post count and respond to one of your threads. You can then either ignore me as everyone else will, or slap me around a bit.