View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Larry More.y

I have not sent any offers as a seller, but I am now receiving ebay messages from buyers with "Make An Offer" in the title. I used to receive a few messages a week from buyers proposing some ludicrous unsolicited offer, but now that this option to "make an offer" is available under the contact seller options I have been inundated with these messages. As I price my FP listings at or very close to market values, I do not have any margin to consider offers, so now these mostly absurd unsolicited offers clutter my inbox. To save time responding, I now respond to these messages once daily by c/p a simple response of "Thank you for the offer. I am only considering offers on items with the best offer option.". With this new buyer offer option, it appears to have buyers feeling that I will consider offers, when my preference is to not receive offers.

I have received 3 of these messages already today......one offer was for 25% of what I had recently sold other copies of the same card for.

Does anyone know how to remove the "make an offer" option from the list of options under the contact seller link?