View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Scott Russell

Well my neighbor and I were both new to the show so there was new dealers/material. He had a LOT of prewar, mainly t206, but also a lot of P2's (31 more than when he arrived thanks to me) and a smattering of other prewar stuff. I had a ton of t205's sold over half of them and then general pre-war through 1959 with me.

I had a great show, but I sold largely to dealers, so if I had needed to rely on the general public it would've been a rough show. Picked up a gorgeous Fatima Phil. A's only graded a 2, but eye-appeal for days, there is one light crack running vertically through the card that you don't even see on first glance. Also picked up some more t205's including a couple cycle backs. And then picked up a 1947 Brooklyn Dodgers photo pack in the original envelope. I was stoked as I had the set already but no envelope!

I am always surprised by how much shiny crap there is even at big shows, but obviously someone must be buying it. My table was often empty so if you timed it right you would have thought I had a terrible show. Instead it was my best show ever.

Couple thoughts for Joe. One has been mentioned, PLEASE have maps available even if it's just for people who ask. Also as a new dealer you made sure to mention Sunday Breakfast when I signed up, but I had no information on how to go about GETTING said breakfast, so I missed out. I had assumed it would be at the show, I found out it was off site after the fact. I am so bummed I have a commitment on October 15th and can't do the next one.

See you all at the East Coast National in White Plains in late August!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 07-17-2016 at 06:55 PM.