View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 10:39 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass_rat View Post
I'm sorry to hear about the card, Ian.

It also seems like you're not the only one dealing with theft issues, according to data this week:

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/San...ns-6447584.php

Best,
Steve
Oh I do know this well, I used to live in So of Market and my car window was smashed 10-12 times. Difference then was my car was parked on the street, and the crooks got little more than business cards and loose change.

I've been in a much mellower neighborhood the past 3 years, so maybe got a little complacent. Still amazed it happened in a garage like this though. Cameras, and front desk staff with clear views of the very small lot. From what I learned cruising around the street Friday night, these guys have it pretty well organized. Think there are a handful of guys who buy and consolidate the stolen goods from the break in guys. They store them in parked cars, and then make the deals on foot (Market St, Polk St, other). Seems they aim to sell stuff the same day, but if they're not able to, there's apartments/hotel rooms/storage with hoards of stuff.

Re- previous post and the check fraud. As of now, I've gotten my money back from my bank, but still have no further explanation from them, or from the seller (Timelord).

Last edited by itjclarke; 08-16-2015 at 10:45 PM.