View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Default Who are the Three Most Knowledgeable Vintage Baseball Card Guys

Posted By: Rhys

Trevor,

I agree with you about this board. Collectively the knowledge here is amazing. I think the problem is that too many people see a name floating around on this board and think that just because a guy has tons of money or a lot of knowledge on a particular set he has the same knowledge on every set. I do not want to mention names because I do not want to offend anybody but I will say a few. If I wanted knowledge on caramel issues I would probably go to Bob Marquette first, his knowledge of E cards is amazing, but I would probably not go to him with an Old Judge question. For that I would probably go to Jay Miller, but I probably would not go to Jay with a question about pre WW1 Post Card issues, etc. Collectively, this board has a huge base of knowledge on the entire hobby and I am not discounting that at all. All I am saying is that there are names being thrown around on the board of people with HUGE collections and HUGE pocketbooks that I talk to and while they are passionate about the hobby, they actually know very little when the entire hobby is looked at and not just their niche within it.

Also, my brother is the one collecting Colgan's Chips. His name is Rhett. We are 15 months apart and both have been collecting since 1986 and most people in the hobby think we are the same person. We both post on this forum as well which gets people confused too.

Rhys