View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Default Neat e90-3 color variations....

Posted By: Brian McQueen

The e90-3 set has long been one of my top 2-3 favorite sets to collect for a couple reasons. I really enjoy going after the tougher players in the set - there seems to be some real diversity in the difficulty of some of the commons. However the other reason this set is a favorite of mine is because of the cool color variations that you see in the cards from time to time.

There are a couple different types of variations that I have seen turn up --

1.) Involves the Smith and Tinker cards most prominantly. Both players typically have a bright green background. However, you'll occasionally see a bright blue example show up, albeit very rarely. This is most likely due to a missed color pass of yellow or green during the original print run. You can see an example of a blue Tinker below (thanks to Rob Adesso for the scan!)

2.) The second type of color variation that I have seen includes the Dougherty and Payne cards. Dougherty normally has a brownish colored background, the Payne has a green one. However in the two cards I've seen, each was missing a color pass again and both ended up with a pale blue, almost greyish background if memory serves.

Has anyone seen any other color variations within this set that I may have missed in my summary above? Or any other players? Also, I believe I've only seen one example of each of these. Is there more than one example of each card that is known or are these variations pretty much unique?

Thanks in advance for the responses...

-Brian