View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
I've kinda gotten away from sports autographs the last couple of years and have been working on Presidential and Historical graphs when I do have time.

This is my favorite pickup of the year.

The Catholic Monarchs, and two people very influential in the discovery of the Americas.

Document signed by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella in the Summer of 1492 (yes, THAT King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella) as Columbus prepares to set sail for the Indies in nine days and the remaining Jews – all were expelled by edict – prepare to leave Spain within eight days. Documents signed by the pair are sometimes encountered, but ones from the year of Columbus, 1492 are VERY tough.

Manuscript Document Signed “Yo el Rey” [I the King] by King Ferdinand V of Spain and “Yo la Reyna” [I the Queen] by Queen Isabella I of Spain, 1p, 8.5” x 6”. In Spanish, not translated. Penafiel [Spain], July 25, 1492.

Countersigned “Fernando Alvarez,” the Queen’s confidential adviser and secretary. Docketing on verso. Remnants of prior mounting at lower edge on verso. Fine condition. Over 522 years old. Without question, the best piece in my collection.

Closeup of King Ferdinand autograph

Closeup of Queen Isabella autograph

Back of document
Jesus Cristo, Mike! Those are incredibly cool!!