View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 06:57 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
This is exactly what it is and has been for at least 20 years for the section of collectors known as prospectors.

I really like reading posts over on BO from new to the hobby collectors that don't get the hot potato game. They actually are buying those crazily overpriced cards thinking they are a long term investment.

Even though they are fun to laugh at it also sucks because after they lose a bunch of cash they leave the hobby.

I don't collect the new new stuff but I get the biggest smile on my face from looking through junk era cards.
Thanks for the comments Ben...makes sense...but that doesn't sound good for the hobby over the long haul...time will tell!

Now my reality is flipping through pages of raw cards from the 40's-present...not many last 20 years...and handling stacks of slabs of the graded stuff.

I almost like looking at the scans more than the actual cards! Maybe more a product of my vision!

Occasionally I'll find some stacks of vintage...50's-70's...I enjoy searching these unknown stacks the most!!!!