View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default Sweeney no B on ebay, what is this card really worth?

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi All
I had a conversation with the seller this afternoon about the postings of the board and the subsequent cancellation of the auction. I offered to post his response:

To all those concerned, I feel terrible about the mess this has turned into. I initially posted the card on ebay without reserve and fully intended to complete the auction, letting the card stand on it's own merits. Initially, I was unaware of this website and at around 8:30 Bigb13 contacted me asking for a close up of the player's name and team name. I scrambled around and posted the new scan and contacted him to say it was up. Shortly after that I received several emails implying the card was a fake because of black ink on the card, and one guy telling me the card was definetly fake. I knew the card was real, but I started looking at the card with a jewlers loupe and I panicked, wondering if he knew something I didn't(I eventually took the card to have it inspected with a microscope, and all is well). Today someone emailed me asking if I had bleached the card, or if I knew it had been bleached.(tbob,I have bought cards from you on ebay, and I know you were kidding,but obviously this guy didn't.)The items that I usually buy and sell on ebay are watches, and I have seen perfectly fine watchesattacked as fakeson the varoius watch websites, because someone thinks something doesn't look right,something about the lighting or the angleof the picture,etc and the bidding dies right there. This is what I thought happened last night. And I pulled the auction at 2:00 am. I have never pulled an auction,(check my feedback)and I wasn't aware I was breaking an ebay rule. In talking with Brian I realize what a cheesy thing this was to do.To all that I have offended. I sincerly apologize, if this causes you not to bid, well that is on me. I am going to add my reserve of 1800 to the text of the auction.
Thanks for looking
Myer