View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Matt Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100backstroke View Post
Look at our hobbies most iconic card - the T206 Wagner.

How many (legit copies) are still out there ungraded in someones collection that has no want to sell, and no desire for their T206 Wagner to be encapsulated? Double current pops? Triple? 5 times current pop figures?

Seems like an event for celebration and national news worthy story whenever one beater is discovered on rare occasion ever few years. But a PSA 5+ T206 Wagner ungraded - just can't imagine a whole lot exist.
Most of the better examples of the t206 Wagner are un-graded. Everyone knows that. I'm surprised you don't, considering that you think you know enough to post in a thread like this.

Also, many cards are consigned to auction companies raw. The auction house will submit them to grading companies if they feel it will maximize profit. This is why all good cards in the catalog are graded.

On another note, I was born in 1980 and I think stabbing cards is totally lame, I tried it and don't like it. So I don't think you can state "facts" about what other collectors will do if they were doing their thing at a different time.