View Single Post
Old 07-31-2002, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Default Auction Fraud Article

Posted By: TBob

<<<but almost the entire Board who have taken their time to address me with the exception of Leon and Harry, who are gentlemen enough to reserve sitting in judgement until the auction had run its course? Dr. Koos>>

Not true. There are a lot of board regulars like myself who didn't post.
As far as your Ebay arguments you are forgetting one vital factor- the new guy who wants to get involved in card collecting, a place we all were at one time. A lot of new collectors who go to ebay go under the innocent assumption that if a card is listed on ebay it must be legit, not trimmed, altered or a reproduction. They buy and are screwed. Many never return to the hobby because of their disenchantment. When ebay has knowledge of a seller's disreputable ways and continues to allow that seller to operate on ebay either under the same user i.d. or a new handle, ebay is not merely negligent, they are a party to fraud. I can't tell you how many times I have received thank you emails from newbies and even some old hands who were about to be shafted on ebay by crooked sellers ebay knew about and took no action against. John, Pete, Frank and others have all shared similar stories with me. Ebay needs to thank the guys on this board, not ignore them.