View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Default 55 bowman set. How do you fell about it?

Posted By: Rob

As with most of the Bowman sets, registry (focus) can be a problem. Centering is a slight problem with the set, and touched edges are pronounced with the darker grain wood borders. But the focus is #1 to me.

Sharp contrast/focus and color can really make some of these look beautiful, even with low-grade corners.

As mentioned, its one of the few sets that have the umpires in them, which is a nice touch. But again, when I began to collect the set a couple years ago, it was frustrating to consistently get cards in the mail that were out of focus, yet looked good in the auction scans. So I sold most of the ones I acquired.

edited to say ... Congrats Vanessa on your purchase. I hope you enjoy the set. I would assume that the set isn't too hard to acquire in mid-grade, so encapsulating them just for resale would probably be a wash at best. If you cherry pick some of the higher examples perhaps you will make out, but I believe grade common "7"s were only going for around $12-$15 each when I was collecting them, so it may be tough to get your money back if you pay $6-$8 grading fees each. Just get the stars and HOFers graded would be my opinion.

Good luck!!
Rob