View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Default Observations of Shipping Cost Complaints

Posted By: J Levine

I am currently in an argument with a seller about this very issue. I was a winning bidder on Jan. 9th of two poor condition Diamond Stars. Total cost was $10. Buyer listed USPS parcel post shipping at $2.50. I paid the same day I won the auciton. Last week sent an email wondering where the cards were. Seller said he was in hospital and they shipped. I got the cards today in a small envelope with a .39 cent stamp. No padding, and the envelope was partially open. I asked for a refund of $2 of my s/h. I do not think I was out of line. He wants me to send the cards back (using more postage) and he will refund the money. I want the cards and just want my $2 back. I do not think this is an unreasonable request.

As a sometimes seller. I often lose money on s/h but usually it is a few cents here or there. I have made mistakes on s/h and have promptly returned money to the buyer. I once bought something from Canada and was undercharged. When I got the package (2 cards and a book), I noticed s/h was something like $4 more than what I paid. I asked the seller if he wanted more money and he politely said no thanks. Needless to say, I bought more from that seller and made sure to send extra postage.

It drives me crazy when people, businesses, etc. overcharge for shipping. In fact, if I recall, it is a crime to profit on shipping costs. $2 does not sound like a lot but I buy probably 10-12 things a month and if I get overcharged $1 on each, I am losing a lot of money.

Joshua