View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Update:

Wow! I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. In order to make my shame public and hopefully close the cycle out on these photos/prints/reprints/older reprints...........whatever the hell they are, I offer the following anecdote.

I've already said that I did list them up for auction, as probably later generation older prints. A fellow Net54 member actually won them for a modest sum.

As I'm preparing the lot for shipment this morning I discover to my horror that one of our cats took the opportunity of seeing unprotected photos out in the open, to hurl a dirty hairball onto them.

I launched into recovery mode quickly, taking a hand towel to them, thinking for a split second they could be salvaged before it's too late. I know almost immediately it's a lost cause, but like a surgeon trying to revive a lost patient, I keep at it a bit longer hoping for a different outcome.

Granted, it didn't totally ruin the photos. Just made them look like somebody spilled a couple drops of coffee on one of the bottom corners..........but I know where those stains came from.

I then sent the buyer a full refund, an apology, a mea culpa and an offer to send him the photos for free if he still wants them given the circumstances.

I just hope the buyer understands and isn't too disappointed. I'm pretty hard on myself when errors/mistakes like this occur, kind of a feline version of "The dog ate my homework", I guess.

Sorry, but I just about split a gut laughing at your story. A rare classic! LOL