View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 12:13 PM
N
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
The right thing to do is issue a refund. No questions asked. Although it is caveat emptor here, this board is extremely successful because all of us can buy and sell things KNOWING that there is an unwritten code of honor that the deal will go thru and all parties will be happy.

I read through the eleven pages thus far, and I find myself agreeing with your assessment. We all occasionally slip up and make mistakes, professionally and day-to-day. I flubbed up my first transaction on this board--however, I apologized and tried my best to make things right with the seller. While the transaction didn't go as we both had originally planned, we moved on and we both continue on N54 as businessmen and fellow collectors to this day.
This is why I feel this transaction didn't go through and left a bad taste in many mouths--neither the buyer nor the seller provided any "give"; it was all "take". While this can show what collecting is like to some people in the real world, it isn't an accurate representation of N54, which, from my experience, has been a board where the majority of collectors try to make deals which leave both parties as winners.

-NJ Dunkin

Last edited by njdunkin1; 04-29-2017 at 12:15 PM.