View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Default Women's Baseball Team Postcard -Need Joann's Help

Posted By: Joann

First, now that people have mentioned it the appearance of the heads do seem disportionate to the bodies. It's almost creepy. The faces on my card are identical to Dan's, so it doesn't appear that they were making different versions of the card as the players changed. Either that or Dan and I got the same version.

Dan I'm curious as to how you came across this. On the card side you said you were actually looking up something else and stumbled across it, but can you add any detail? Were you looking strictly online or also going to local libraries, calling newspapers for archives or anything like that?

Also, now that your research trail got you to where you found this card, can you reconstruct how you might have started with only this card and gotten to the point of finding this guy and the Nationals team? Kind of like reverse-engineering the research path, I guess is what I'm asking. Or was that a one-way flow of information that you couldn't have found if you started only with the female bb card?

One of these days I'm going to try to look at a lot of the female player cards I have, and I don't have a good idea of how to even start. So any insight as to how you got from Point A to Point B in this case would be very appreciated.

Joann