View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
That is not what I was saying, the hobby is full of awesome people in my opinion. There are some bad apples in it (as we all know) and it is the belief of some that that concentration is too high and that we will condone bad behavior as long as they continue to "deliver the goods" and offer items we "need to have." I feel Jeff has been pretty outspoken about his stance in this regard.

Hank, no need to rethink anything, you are good for the hobby and we need more people that are in it for the love of the hobby. There have always been shady people and there probably always will be, I was pointing out what I thought Jeff was referring to in his post.
Thanks for clarifying, I like this description of the state of the hobby much better than your original, which paints a pretty bleak picture. I bridled at Jeff's suggestion that things were so bad that the FBI's efforts were like pearls before swine, so to speak, and hope that they, he, and all the other good people involved see enough value in the hobby to continue the work trying to keep it clean.