View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 12:28 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

No, that checklist is wrong. It's sort of the old mindset, before things got specific.

PSA actually graded some of those cards with the wrong info on the slab. It all stems from the fact they didn't actually state "green tint" on the slabs in the good old days. Therefore, you can have the Reniff pitching with or without "green tint" on the slab. But make no mistake. All Reniff pitching cards are GT's. And all Willey's with cap are GT's, too.

But then they also made blatant errors. For instance, they list Hal Reniff Portrait-Green Tint (a total of 3, I believe). That card does not exist. The only Reniff GT is the pitching version. And likewise as I stated, there are no 'regular' versions of Reniff pitching. Each one of them is a GT. And they also list Carl Willey No Cap-Green Tint (a total of 4, I believe). That is completely wrong as well. All hatless Willey's are 'regular' versions. PSA really messed those up, but since there are only a few of each graded, they clearly righted the ship a long time ago. I sent an e-mail to PSA a while back regarding the Reniff problem and I forgot what their reply was, but they definitely indicated they had stopped labeling the 'wrong' ones.

In reality, here's what the true checklist is. Three Reniffs, two Willeys:

1. #159 Hal Reniff - portrait
2. #139 Hal Reniff - portrait
3. #139 Hal Reniff - pitching, green tint

1. #174 Carl Willey - no cap
2. #174 Carl Willey - with cap, green tint

--elm

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.