View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 08:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks Troy. We are all human. We can always strive to be better and this post of yours is spot on. I wish all people in our hobby (and everywhere) who make a mistake would be so responsive and accountable. Take care, good luck in the auction and thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saco River Auction View Post
Hello All,

I spent the last couple days thinking about the comments and I would like to thank all that commented. In business we are always evolving and trying to work in a way that makes our consignors happy and buyers happy. Based on the potential buyers comments, it is clear that we need to change a few things.
I personally strive to get everything right in both my personal life and business life, so now knowing that some things need to change, those changes will happen instantly. We will be scanning all sports cards in future sales (front and back) instead of photographing the cards.
We always try to give accurate descriptions based on our knowledge and what's in front of us. However, we deal with thousands of items per year of all types including estate items, furnishings, coins, jewelry, firearms and art. As you can probably tell, its an enormous job describing items correctly, because no one can be an expert in every category of items. All I can say is we do our best. We never want to sell reproduction items, unless we call them a that. We also cannot research every item that comes out of estates, as it would take us a year to get ready for a single auction. A great deal of the responsibility to verify the veracity of the description or authenticity of an item must lie with the buyers, simply because you all are the experts. Having said that...if we make a mistake and call something real, or old, or original and it is not, we will make it right with the buyer. I am not in the business of selling fake stuff, not will I ever be. I would rather close the business and pick up trash on the highway.

As always I am available to answer any questions or to listen to any concerns via my cell phone. I do not look at this site everyday, so there may be a delay in responding to questions on here, so I would encourage you to call me anytime 207-650-5677

I am sorry for the confusion caused and hope that all involved will continue to buy with confidence from Saco River Auction.

Sincerely,

Troy Thibodeau
Saco River Auction