View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 05:21 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Well. boys, it's a momentous day here in the "Hey, pennant guys" thread because I have figured out how you Heavy Hitters can frame your oversized pennants. If you look in the "September pickups" thread. you'll see my latest, low end acquisition. It measured 22 x 28, so I bought a cheap ($12) 24 x 36 poster frame and cut it down (I do this with both plastic and wood frames).

With the leftover plexi, I framed a small NYG pennant. You could do the same with oversized pennants. The only tools you need are shown in the photo (those and a straight edge). You could get one frame out of a 24 x 36 frame or two out of a 27 x 40. Unfortunately, you would have enough "edging" for the two but, with a steady hand, wrapping the edges with black electrical tape wouldn't look terrible....at least not to a "low end" guy like me.

I really hope someone (Greg?) tries this and posts the results!
That’s awesome!!! You used a utility knife to cut the plastic and it cut easy without chipping? Great work. I have been doing this with 20 and even 40 gauge vinyl rolls. I made 5 holders from a rolls that cost $40 which was almost half shipping. This looks fantastic.

And I should add that it’s an awesome pennant, too!

Last edited by thetahat; 09-02-2020 at 06:20 PM.