View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 09:41 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Sure I would have. Lemmy actually originally played for this other group I'm referring to, and wrote and performed "Motorhead" while he was with them. I believe even he agreed that it was while he with this original group that he really developed and learned how to play and perform to became the musician and performer he ended up being once he formed Motorhead the group. If I remember correctly, he ended up getting caught/arrested going from the U.S. into Canada for drugs, and because of that along with a lot of other erratic behavior he exhibited at the time, this original group ended up just replacing him. Kind of/sort of like what happened between Ozzy and Sabbath to some extent I guess.
It is okay to say Hawkwind though considering some of their songs they were not solidly heavy metal. Consider 'Quark, Strangeness and Charm' and 'Spirit of the Age'. Both from the 'Quark...' album. The title song is new wave/Brit pop and 'Spirit' is more electronica. I would consider much of their earlier music psychedelic/electronic.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”