View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 05:15 AM

Default Bill....

Great question!!! there are a few different types of "ghosts" on T206....

the most common are the wet sheet transfers( they are at best blurry images to semi clear images imposed on t206 during the printing process....they can be found on the fronts and backs of the cards, they are the reverse images usually of the player or of the back, and caused by the printer stacking the sheets together before the inks were fully dried).....they are usually factory cut, and are most likely caused at the factory.....some claim they are caused years later from being stacked on top of each other for a long time and in the right conditions such as fire, or heat, or humidity...there are some that are cause by environmental factors, but most were cased at the factory.........I can post scans later , cause I 'm late for work......they come with a premium, but not huge.....maybe2x to 4 x what the card would be worth....

Then they are the Printer's scrap s that are scrap sheets , hand cut, and were actually printed on by the printer.....they are sometimes slabbed as "overprints" by tpgers.... I will post examples later......these are images were as a Die or plate was actually struck to create the image, and are very unique and clear..........SUPER SUPER RARE....each one just a little different from the next....some have twins and triplets, but not more than that, and even then each is a little different..."snowflakes" as I have termed them.....

extremely valuable and cool pieces of scrap cardboard that ironically were tossed in the garbage most, over 100 years ago......MULTI K cards...these are the future of T206 collecting imho...they are actually (most) uniquely created cards , "one of a kinds if you will"....a whole new breed of "freaky" T206 that are gaining a cult following and I think I may be one of the ring leaders.... lol

I will explain more and post more later.....but if your lucky enough to own one of these rarities, you'll know what i'm talking about....

there are approx. 75 wagners(don't get me wrong, my dream card).....and 1 BENDER ghost like I own, which ive been slammed with offers for years, PRICELESS.....

Last edited by mrvster; 11-01-2013 at 05:18 AM.