Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry about the delay in responding to everyone. Dean's had me chained to the easel for the past week or so, and it's been tough to form enough cohesive sentences to actually put down a proper reply. I only feel like I'm starting to come up for air now. Though of course, I have to get back to it to finish up more stuff.

But seriously, thank you ALL for your wonderful comments and support. I'm so incredibly thrilled that you all continue to dig what I do, and even take time out of your day to write anything about it. I really appreciate it more than I can adequately articulate.

Scott, thank you so much for the purchase! I certainly hope you enjoy the paintings when you have them in hand. I'm kinda glad that someone got the Mays and the Mantle together, especially since they're pretty much linked forever. I suppose a portrait of Duke is in order too at some point, though I still find it hard to believe that I haven't done one. Regardless, I might as well get all of the NY centerfielders in there.

The Mantle is just about done, though it's waiting for a glaze or two, final varnish and then to be photographed. But here's a sneak peak at the (almost) end results:

It's not super color-corrected, but you'll probably get the idea. Either way, when they're both in your possession, I hope you love 'em.

Lance, is that the most recent SMR? I hadn't seen that painting yet. It looks like it's an Arthur K. Miller? I guess that Johnson image resonated with a lot of artists, as I know Ron Stark did a version of it too, though I have trouble finding a nice screengrab of it.

Anywho, thanks again for everything guys. I'll try to keep it all coming!

Graig