View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 10:03 AM
Michael

I started very broad and collected every signed card of anyone. I'd go to fall league and spring training and TTM. Take any player I'd purchase every unsigned card that came out of them and try to get them signed which led to 70,000+ signed cards. It got too big and I got rid of most and am down to mainly HOF and Jewish and Japan HOF where I try to get every signed pre 1960 card of HOFers. I used to buy large lots when AH like heritage had them at decent prices and bought most of Ron Gordons inventory (he used to be a dealer in the group including Jim Stinson, Bill Corcoran, etc) Also made trades with many on this board and others. Now I am not wiling to get into bidding wars with folks that have way more $ than I do so additions are few and far between. BTW I have over 70 different signed cards of Brooks- all different. I still spend way too much time scouting sites and bidding on auctions etc. It is an obsession and an addiction for me. I barely watch modern baseball but prefer how things used to be