View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 11:36 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
Well, according to John Tesh radio, young millenials are turning back to vintage. They have restored the polaroid camera to prominence, and they have even recharged the disposable camera industry. So it is quite possible that the generation known for ruining fast food restaurants and mega box stores will actually save a couple hobbies.

As for my opinion about 1980-1993 cards, I think you will find that Hall of Famers' cards will increase, but the rest will be left in the dust. It's slowly happening now. What I think will actually bounce back in value will be Starting Lineup figurines. How many of those will still be in boxes in 25 years? My son saw mine and asked if he could play with them. Since they hold almost no value, I said sure. Starting Lineup figures, with card and/or poster will make a comeback.
Well if you think about common players from the overproduced era, yes there will never be a ton of interest in them. After all, unless something weird stokes the market (90 Hoops Mark Jackson with Melendez Bros in background, 90 Fleer Jose Uribe (hype for no reason), 89 Pro Cards Keith Comstock (ESPN Story),.... but I don't really see any hope for 1988 Topps Claudell Washington cards at this point or in the future.

Regards
Rich