View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 10:08 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The same decades they apparently have been taking Gary's and everyone else's subs.

A subpoena or discovery request would be so much fun.
Yeah it would! I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that too.

I'd love to get a forensic computer examiner and a forensic document examiner to look over ebay, PSA, Beckett, SGC and PWCC. What do you think they'd find? Conspiracy to commit fraud, shill bidding, RICO violations, wire or mail fraud perhaps?

I think there is enough physical evidence already and not just in Huigens and PSA's own statements and actions. What many collectors or dealers might not understand or realize, is that the government might not see these things the same way they do as "fraud has always been done and therefore acceptable". And they might not look the other way as collectors and dealers tend to do just by the sheer amount of money and the fact that one of these companies -Collectors Universe -is publicly traded.

Law enforcement agencies like the FBI or SEC dont care what collectors say, and they'll build a case against the "well respected" or higher-ups of the hobby, and if they can, prosecute. If you dont believe me, just ask Bill Mastro and Doug Allen, and a whole slew of counterfeiters, forgers and scammers.

The only saving grace against law enforcement is perhaps a jury who might not understand any of this. Law enforcement's case will have to be made on what could be found on the computers, emails, phone records and before and after photos -the same ones that Huigens says are irrelevant. The amount of money being made and actually follow the money. I'd expect something like this to take a year at least of examination and we're talking at least 5 companies, 14 card or more doctors dating back 2011. Remember, how long did it take the FBI to investigate Mastro again?