View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Peter Spaeth

Sam I have shared what I know with law enforcement. They read the boards and any time they want to talk to me again they know how to reach me. I'm not outing names on a public message board at this point. Candidly, it carries risks and when I see person after person posting they are going to buy anyway I don't see much point. Most of these guys aren't selling directly anyhow, so outing the names would not help anyone avoid them. My point is simply to convey that the recent revelations are not isolated and people who care need to be very diligent.

The gist of the conversation I referenced was that that AH regularly took consignments of cards from card doctors, and that many of his fellow AHs did the same, and that any collector who truly cared about not having altered cards needed to be very careful buying high grade cards out of AHs. I think that's probably true nowadays for mid grade significant cards with high eye appeal too, I'm sorry to say. It affects a whole lot of us.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-13-2019 at 11:58 AM.