View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Ed McCollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
I'd like to know who everyone has been told to go to when they meet their demise.
My son has always known he would get the collection on my demise. I had told him he had two choices:

1: continue the quest, but I knew that would be on a limited basis, as cards are not really his thing, or

2: return two cards to their owner, who has been kind enough to send them to me as part of the collection without ever asking for reimbursement and then
contact the auction house I had left info on in the storage case for the collection and sell them as a collection and use the funds to help with his ever increasing student loan debt.

Well, this summer, he surprised me by saying he knew someday he would get the collection and had already done some checking around and had decided to give the cards to the Alachua County, Florida Historical Society. Said he found there was no Baseball Card Hall of Fame to give them to, and that the Baseball Hall of Fame would probably do nothing with them, as they had too much stuff already, but since Howe was from Alachua County, and looked like he had spent most of his life there, he wanted them to go back to where they came from and stay as one collection as I had reassembled them.

I was pretty impressed that he had researched where Gainesville was located, and had at least discovered there was no Baseball Card HoF, or that the Baseball HoF would do nothing with them. He said he wouldn't feel right about using my funds or work to pay off his school loans, that was up to him, but that he didn't want to see my work go to waste having the collection busted up again.

Have I ever mention how proud I am of my son?

Last edited by Howe’s Hunter; 12-17-2015 at 08:43 AM.