View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Default e93 Standard Caramel - my new favorite set

Posted By: Kevin

"As for the blank backs, I dont believe they are considered "proofs." Rather, they seem to have all been hand cut from sheets that did not have printing done on the reverse - I think many dont consider them proofs because there is no evidence of alignment marks on the cards. Maybe the shees were printers scraps - I dont really know. I have a couple and, like Jim B. tend to think they are rarer than what the common belief may be."

Although it doesn't seem to be the case here and I doubt there are any in circulation but blank backs can also be lab created (aka doctored). It’s rather complicated to do and consists of many steps but it is virtually impossible to detect. I’m almost positive grading companies are not aware that this can be done...all but one.

Unfortunately I don't have any examples for the e93 but it has been convincingly accomplished. Now the scary part...it's not just limited to e-cards!

I know many will "demand" to see examples but after years of spending way too much money (and time) doctoring cards in any/every conceivable way just to study the findings, I’ve learned to use inexpensive time-era nonsports cards as examples. This is, of course, after the desired results have been reached on whatever baseball card issue was being worked on first.

Kevin