View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Default REA question regarding ungraded lots

Posted By: Julie Vognar

he knows you creeps (scuse me) want graded stuff, or stuff that will grade. StuFf i sent (it was taken from my house, actually) that did not grade a 10 or a 1 was graded AUTH; stuff that would not grade at ALL--because it was rebacked, or touched up, is described as such. Oh--of the 104 T202s I gave them they only sent about 32 in--first, the nicest ones, regardless of content, and then, the honcho cards. The others have an estimated grade from REA. (and believe me, they often do better than the grading companies!) All T206s and Fan Craze, Old Judge and Mayo, N162, etc. are graded--or you know the reason why!

Rob's pick-up guy suggested that I throw ALL my autographs in, so I did. Half were returned, (meaning that at least ONE of their authenticators found it questionable). This included a 3x5 card my 10-year-old son sent to Satchell Page in 1981. It came back dated, with "best wishes, Satchell Page." He died a few months later. REA assured me that it MIGHT be genuine but one of their guys said questionable, so it was returned...it's quite possible, I suppose, that Paige was ill, and had someone signing mail for him..but I had always treasured it; he so seldom dated things...all autographs are agreed on by all three of thewir autrhenticators.

Anything else I can tell you, or you think I might be able to tell you, please just ask; I'll tell.

I think you should know what you are dealing with from the descriptionas and pictures.

Oh: photograqphs are not graded, and the Oshkosh cabinet, though it is a genuine card, is the only one known, so it is not graded.

One of my lots is mislabled: The ticket stub from the 1919 World Series (Black Sox) is from tHE FIFTH game, the 3rd in Commiskey park. It has a "3" on it because each team printed their own tickets, and only for their park. So the lengthy explanation about how Kerr, who was not in on the fix, won the game for them, is all BS, it was wILLIAMS' GAME, AND HE LOST IT...(LOT 718?)