View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 07:49 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan102003 View Post
1. Name- Tom Laubinger

2. Age- 33

3. Day job- Currently unemployed Residential Electrician

4. Location- Pell Lake, WI About halfway between Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL. A bit closer to Milwaukee, but not much in terms of mileage, just driving time.

5. Collecting interest- I have several. I'm a set builder, but have dumped nearly all of my post 1980 stuff recently. Still trying to unload a bunch of it. There's just too much to keep up with. So now, it's all Topps regular issue sets from 1952-1979. I have recently begun collecting Cubs, all Topps regular issue from 1952-current, and any and all pre 1952 that I can afford. I have a very strong interest in the T205, T206, Goudey, Diamond Stars, and others. I just can not afford to collect complete sets of these older cards, so I'm sticking with lower grade Cubs. I'm not in this for an investment of any kind, just my love of the Cubs, and baseball cards.

6. Family- Girlfriend of 12 years, and her two wonderful daughters 13 & 15. They're both beautiful girls too, so their father and myself have our hands full with their boyfriends. By the way he and I get along great, it started out as having to get along for the kids, but we have developed quite a good friendship. It gets awkward at family functions, but we don't let it bother us much. We hang out all the time.

7. How long in hobby- I got back into collecting strong in 1998 when I was 21. I collected as a kid, but sold all my cards when I was 17 to put gas in my car to take my girlfriend out on a Saturday night. I have always had an interest in the pre war stuff, but did not actively begin pursuing it until this past year. I don't have many, but as money allows I will be buying pre war Cubs like crazy in the future. I love them, they are the neatest cards there ever was.

8. Other interests- Too many to list, but genuine American muscle cars is one, music is another. Mostly rock and hard rock, but pretty much anything but country, pop, hip hop and rap I love. And there's even some songs from those genres that I like.

9. Do you attend shows? I haven't been to a card show in years. I really miss the local shows and shops that used to be everywhere. I would love to attend a National sometime, but it always seems there's not enough money to even bother going when they come around.

Pell Lake??? Seriously?????

I drive through there everyday on the way to work as I live in Elkhorn and work in Lincolnshire, Illinois!! Nice to see a local on here!!