Thread: May pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 06:30 AM
Bill Gregory

Really nice Benches, JB! Welcome to the forum!

Matt, I'm with you on the '53 Bowman Mantle. One of my favorite cards ever made. That's on my short list of cards to get before the end of summer.

And that's a classic example of where the technical grade may be right, but the eye appeal just blows that grade out of the water. And with that eye appeal, if you ever sold it, it would command a premium well beyond your average card for that grade.

If you ask me, even after seeing the minor paper flaws on the back, I think it's undergraded.

And that Ryan is just nuts. I love the color.

Mike, great '57 Yankees. You have a good eye for clean cards. The centering on that Mantle is excellent.

Mark, congratulations on the '54 Aaron.

What is it with you guys, it's like you're going down my want list this month and just knocking them off one after the other.

John, very nice Killebrews. I wish today's players had a signature even remotely that nice. Ken Griffey Jr was the last one to have something that stylized. Too many of them are scribbles like this:

And that's a good example of his signature.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 05-16-2014 at 06:31 AM.