View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I'm still not really seeing the outrage. I get it that it's annoying that you thought you bought a card, but the real anger lies in selling your card and not being able to get it back on the other end of the deal.

Everyone was squared away when it was cancelled. There isn't a lingering refund problem or a lost card in the mail. I think it's reasonable to think twice about dealing with a seller, but I don't see why he should have to do something with his card he doesn't want to do (even though I realize no one forced him to put it up for sale).
I can't believe how ridiculous this response is. The problem is that after a transaction was completed (i.e. payment made) that the buyer then proceeded to create a subsequent transaction that could not be reversed.

Let's see if this helps, packs.

1) You buy a plane ticket to Hawaii for a week's vacation. You then purchase a hotel room and several day trips. At the last minute the flight decides to cancel because it isn't full enough. You don't get a refund for the hotel and day trips.

2) You get a new job at a Fortune 500 company. You respectfully put in 2 week's notice at your old job. The new job decides they want someone else. Your "old" company doesn't want you back.

3) Your son gets accepted to the State University. He then rejects his other offers. In late summer the State University decides they have too many students and cancels his acceptance.

4) Your daughter books a spectacular site for her wedding reception a couple years in advance. Everyone fly's in for the event, flowers and catering are paid for and ready, but the day before the wedding the site owner decides he would rather catch up on some sleep and not bother with allowing use of his property.

In each example the seller gave a full refund and wasn't "forced" to complete the transaction. So you actually blame the buyer for making plans before the transaction was complete?