View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Default O. T. Cubs Fantasy camp

Posted By: Ken McMillan

sure did. He's a huge Cub fan. He's also a really nice guy. For the banquet last night he wrote a song that he sang about the camp. He said he was probably going to record it. He sat at the table right next to mine. One morning he asked to follow me to the ball park because he didn't know the way. Phil Donahue was master of ceremonies for part of the banquet. Earlier in the week, I had Eddie autograph a ball for a friend of mine. Eddie is pretty fast on the base pads, but he doesn't hit very well. Guess he should stick to singing

Of course I was really excited because my 23 favorite cubs of all time were there. Ernie Banks, Lee Smith, and Ron Santo. Sandberg was spoted at camp at the batting cages, but he did not officially make an appearance at camp. Here is a run down of the coaches.

Randy Hundley, Todd Hundley, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Glen Beckert, Rick Sutcliffe, Lee Smith, Ron Coomer, Rick Reuschel, Carmen Fanzone, Jose Cardenal, Gene Oliver, Willie Wilson, Leon Durham, Billy Williams, Joe Pepitone, Larry Biittner, Ed Lynch, Fergie Jenkins, Jodi Davis, Keith Moreland, Bobby Dernier. Also saw Jim Volkman from Wgn radio doing his Harry Caray immitation. In our game against the pros, Ken Rudolph and gary Justadt were there. Also saw Gary Sarge Matthews.