View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default O. T. Cubs Fantasy camp

Posted By: Ken McMillan

Hello to all.

Just returned from Randy Hundley's Fantasy Baseball camp. Had a great time and our team won the Camp Championship. This was the 25 th anniversary of the camp and there were many retired Cubbies there. I had Fergie Jenkina and Carmen Fanzone as my coaches for the week. Hall of Famers Fergie jenkins, Ernie Banks, and Billy Williams were all there as was Lee Smith. Played ball against Phil Donahue's son and Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam fame. Mark DeCarlo from the Travel channel also played ball this week. Rick Sutcliffe was coaching and Joe Pepitone was the judge for the kangaroo court.

We all celebrated Ernie Banks 76th birthday during the camp. Also had Ernie call and talk to my wife when he started talking about Who was my boss. According to Ernie, the wife is always the Boss in the family. Ernie is one funny awesome man and obviously an all time favorite for any cub fan. Autographs were available freely when ever you wanted them. A total of 6 69 cubs were in camp and many from the 84 team.

We played a double header every day, and the final game of the week we played against the coaches. The campers lost 21 to 20, but all had a great time. I hit a hard ground ball against Fergie and drove in a run from third (yes, off a Hall of Fame pitcher). Our team outscored the pros 4 to 2 for our inning.

Wow, what a great week. Something every baseball fan should do sometime.

Ken