View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Default the price of leaving a negative feedback on ebay

Posted By: E, Daniel

But I think both sides are true.
I think 11 days of non-response to email or invoice is unreasonable, but that the course of action should be through ebay first to see if they can egg on the buyer to consumate the transaction.....negatives need come AFTER some sort of resolution - not to encourage one.
And though Dave Vargha is painfully blunt, I also agree that his scenario of people with lives outside of ebay is completely accurate, and that the vagaries of life's ins and outs, delivery cock-ups, etc....mean that expectation of delivery of payment or card inside of a week is unreasonable, no matter how fast you hit the send button through paypal.

There is, of course, a fix.
You see it often with people who have been selling on ebay a number of years, often living in smaller US cities or communities.....it goes:

'Here is my system, it takes such and such time for card to ship, I only visit the post office once a week because I HAVE a life outside ebay, so please don't burst an appendix waiting for your item to arrive. Because, IT WILL ARRIVE!'

Or, as can be seen on any auction I list as a seller:
"Payment is expected within 5 days so that I can maintain efficient and courteous business practices. I would greatly appreciate a response to this email to confirm your mailing address - so that I can prepare your item for shipping." I ship within 3 days of receipt of payment, as that is the smallest time frame I can absolutely guarantee a visit somehow to be organized to the P.O

All you need is to give an idea of how things generally work as a buyer or seller, and everything is sweet. Not sure why people can't manage to just be clearer.

Daniel