View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadballfreaK View Post
Hey Scott, I was not being defensive or attacking you in the least. I think you might well be right. Could be a photo of a guy clowning around that got recorded for eternity. Just pointing out the differences in the T206 and T3 art. Lots of differences. Not just a glove touch-up. I do think they were painted/drawn off the same original pic, but I haven't seen it. I haven't even looked to tell you the truth. Probably out there somewhere. The only reason for my post was to spread a little light. I have zero interest in drama with anyone here, especially with someone who has contributed more than I ever will.
Ken. No one thought you were or did. I was clarifying what seemed to be a a confusing post I made that was possibly misunderstood.

Most T206's were created with photographs as their base image. Some artistic license existed - compare Matty black cap to white cap.

This isn't speculation - you can actually verify this for card images where their photographic sources are known. For others, such as 'Donlin seated', it's obvious even if you don't have the photograph in front of you.

To me, the idea that Burns' glove was free-handed backwards is ludicrous, but before you take offense, that last statement is in response to John's post, not yours. So if anyone's going to get hurt by my comments, it would be John. John doesn't get mad - he gets even. Very dangerous person. Don't piss him off. If you do, he'll make sure that you NEVER ever get a Corcoran baseball card, even if some weird circumstance arose where you wanted one.

JK