View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Default An Offshoot of First Amendment- The Freedom to Post

Posted By: E, Daniel

Dan, I hear you....there are interesting grains within many of Peter C's threads but a dysfunction in communicating them. You are willing to breeze through the extras to find the point at hand, but others started giving up these last couple of days because of the 'fingers in the ears - la la la la la - I can't hear anything you're saying' stage this unfortunately seems to have gotten to.
Everyone has their idiocyncracies and when we only have to read them in bunches every few days or weekly we gladly flow with it all.

But when someone posts incessantly, gleefully flicking a piece of sand in every annoyed oyster on this board whilst doing the 'la la la la la' thing...boy that's annoying.
And I know I annoy people too, which is why I try not to post too much .

I saw a really interesting piece on cable last night about the man Rainman was based on. One thing that stood out was a segment by a proffessional who interviewed him - making the observation that Kim Peek (rainman) wasn't able to understand what someone else was thinking, a zero empathy intellectual state. Peek had a series of pat answers he gave for everything that met his understanding of the world and what any one individual might think regardless of the actual circumstances at hand, and he applied that same statement to every single person he met.
Peter C. has shown much the same trait and frankly it baffles me. He seems certain he can push whatever his detractors feel to the side and blindly push on with his own thoughts in his own 30 act play.

That's where the whole newbie thing makes it even stranger. For a relative newcomer to have such intense drive to overwhelm people he has little relationship to is completely bizarre.

Sure he doesn't bug everyone. No one bugs everyone, but all those who stick it out here find they change their style to match the needs of this community, carving out a niche for their own online character. Peter C. tells us he's here to change it all up, we're the ones who are stifling and holding back real enjoyment and content from being shared. Many of us don't want it to change and would be happy if he just toned it down. Why does he refuse?

Daniel