Thread: grading etc
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Robert N*w-ell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealmark View Post
As a "collector' since the 1940's I find this entire thing of grading and now some kind of stickers etc. one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. No, I get it. Those of you who are in love with plastic instead of the product itself good bless you but you are REALLY hurting those of us who truly love what USED to be the "hobby".
Sealmark
How are people that buy graded cards hurting you and your raw card collecting?

While I am not in love with graded cards in plastic, I do buy graded cards most of the time, as the cards I purchase are very high end. I want to make sure (to the best I can) that I am not getting stuck with a fake or altered card. I also want to get the best looking card I can afford.

The local card shops have long since closed. That leaves me the internet. Like the previous poster mentioned, if someone is describing a card as excellent, you want to make sure you get a excellent card, not something that barely passes for good.

In my opinion, the card manufacturers from about the mid 90s to present, are responsible for all but pricing kids out of a great hobby, with the fancy cards and cuts etc.