View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Default Recent Ebay Trends

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Agreed - if I collected OJs, I would be less concerned about stuff like centering than I was concerned about stuff like actually owning the card. The more scarce the card, the less I care about condition. I figure if I'm going to buy a card that's relatively plentiful, I prefer to have as nice an example as I can afford, and centering is part of "nice" for me, particularly on cards with clearly defined borders.

I also agree about the 38s - they're my babies, I started collecting them on a lark a few years ago and quickly fell in love. The set is perfect for an attention span-deficient nitwit like me; 48 cards (24 that repeat themselves) make it easy to really know every card in the set and focus on as much minutiae as I can get my paws on. I keep scans of my set on my website (along with lots of the minutiae) if you were inclined to look: www.swingbattaswing.com.

Sorry for the hijack.

I also agree with the posted who likes the immediacy of receiving Paypal payments. I'm usually willing to sacrifice the Paypal fee in order to get the cash in hand more quickly (and not have to go to the bank). The only reason I sell cards is to generate money to buy more, and the more quickly I can get that money, the less likely I am to start selling off internal organs.

-Al