View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
James,

I think it is a great start and has some real potential. My recommendations are as follows:
1. Reposition the light colored bats so that they are placed in a uniform pattern. Maybe have one on the left side one bat in and one on the right side one bat in. The uniformity would add to it a bit.
2. Use a skill saw or some sort of other power saw to cut the bats all straight, and at the same length, along the bottom.
3. Build a frame around the bats running around all four sides and paint it either black or the color of the seat--black to match the bats would probably be easier than trying to match the seat color. I think that would lead to a more polished look.

Whatever you ultimately do, it's a cool project.
All good suggestions.

I'd have left the bats full length, and maybe run them a bit higher, but it's too late for that now. Running a frame across the bottom of them once they're even would be cool. and framing around the sides and top could make it look a bit more finished.

Depending on what you like stylewise you could do a sort of layered border around the bats and paint it in Mets colors. Or do a border with a few different Mets logos starting with earlier ones at the lower left and going clockwise to newer ones. Or a simple border with a corner blocks with the logo you like the best.

Lots of options, and lots of different ways to do any of them.

Steve B