View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default Autographed Card Question: How Important is Legibility?

I stay away from autographed cards altogether unless they are authenticated by a known third party like PSQA/DNA or Topps Certified. I realize that this is not at all foolproof, but I view it as fairly safe from my perspective at the bottom of the 'food chain of knowledge' with regards to autographed cards.

My question is this: How important is legibility? I would think if you can ready the name, it's a plus...but, as players get older, their autographs change...Lord, I know mine own has reached 'chicken scratching stage.' Do you shy away from signatures of older players? Two that come to mind are Willie Mays and Warren Spahn.

Any sincere tips are appreciated.

I'm sadden whenever I see the latest group of Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects as their's is a generation on the brink of loosing the ability to sign anything legibly. I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with bulk signings which must be difficult to endure.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 12-27-2017 at 06:26 PM.