View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:07 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default straight tear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
The ticket looks good but I have four Pirates tix from 1972 from the Field Box, First Level seating that were priced at $4.15 too. I'm not familiar with all of the Pirates pricing that season but would two tickets in different areas of the stadium be the same exact price? Another thing I found interesting is the way the ticket is torn at the bottom compared to the ones I have. To get a straight tear right under that wording would be very difficult from what I can see. As you can see the wording - NO MONEY REFUNDED - is directly under that pretty close together. Not saying it's impossible but the tear looks too straight to me. I wonder if there's a chance this ticket could have been trimmed?

Here's a link to a couple of other Clemente 3000 hit stub examples that are on another website for what it's worth:
http://chicagotix.com/Baseball.shtml
Dewey , straight off the bat I respect your assessment and concern on this ticket and have done business with you and would like to continue doing so ,
for me
the ticket stub tear being even is not unusual to find , I have seen many examples of Tickets where the line is perfectly straight ,
looking on ebay right now there are literally hundreds of clean and straight edge ticket stubs on them ,it is quite possible the ticket excess may have been removed or just torn carefully at the turnstile , also having a trimmed edge on a ticket is only a factor if it is slabbed and a grade is required , if it is Authentic Only , no condition reference is mentioned includes any writing or paper loss , Printing of tickets in the 1970's and earlier was a Letterpress production , that printing process would be hard to replicate with out that now out dated printing method that requires certain types of out dated hard to find equipment , let alone trying to find the pre colored old cover stock to print on , This ticket will not win any best in show
in my opinion I have no doubt its real , and I would pay what ever it was sold for on ebay with out hesitation