View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 12:35 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
so... just got off the phone with Dave, sounds like he wants to talk to USPS and open a case with them. Asked me to wait 2 days to let him get that process started.

If it were you and you were sitting on a $2500 damage, would you wait the two days, or would you open a case right away if he doesn't issue an immediate refund?

How would you all handle? This is the first time I've actually had this happen so I'm a noob in the world of getting my money back
He is not on this board as you may have learned by now-but among legacy eBay card dealers he is well established. I bought one of the most important cards I own, this Matty Dark Cap, from him three years ago. He sent it certified mail with full insurance and it was held up at my post office. He managed to get through to someone there on a Saturday and they brought it right over to me! His experience ensures he will be just fine on his end. As long as ebay sellers cooperate, buyer refunds are virtually automatic for damages like this. These are among the reasons his prices are a tad on the high side-he doesn't skimp on insured shipping and is willing to micro-manage tough customer situations.