View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 07:17 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Default Just wondering about printing techniques giving further insight to T206 page layout.

I was just reading Ted Z's thread about t213's and it got me to thinking a bit. I know absolutely nothing about printing or printing techniques and don't know if this has been discussed previously or not but it may be another piece of the T206 page layout mystery. When colors are laid down on sheets I would assume they are laid down from either left to right or right to left. As such we would and do see cards that have some vertical blending of colors as other colors are either laid on top of existing colors or are faded out as one color blends into another.

I have seen, as I am guessing many of you have, that several T206's are prone to this shading on many individual portraits of the same player, ie. Kling and Tinker (portrait) and in most cases it is most noticeable with the red spectrum. Wouldn't this give us some indication that these players may have fallen in the same column on a specific sheet and also indicate that they were most likely placed nearer the center of the sheets or at a minimum not in the end columns on the sheet? Now I don't have the info in front of me but this assumes that these cards are issued in the same series but I would think we could find many that are. If my basic assumptions about how colors are laid down are correct, and I might be totally incorrect, it was just a thought, maybe this helps give us another small piece to the layout puzzle.

Would love to hear other thoughts on this and forgive me if its been discussed previously.

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 09-04-2014 at 07:18 AM.