View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 08:03 PM

Congratulations on closing in on the set Wes with the nice Krammer card.
I always liked the 59 set design and all, but with all the other sets going on I just never got around to starting one. I tend to start out like gangbusters on sets and then slowly burn myself out trying to complete one, like I did with the 55 AA set still setting at half completion. LOL

While I do have "All the cards" in my seventies sets, I never really call them complete as I always seem tohave an upgrade list.

About as close as Ive come is my 1974 and 1976 Topps Football Sets. Both with 31 and 24 cards still on my list even after 30 years of building them.

The funny thing is once I get those cards I just end up going back through the sets and making another want list again! Its a vicious cycle!

Erik

As for the 1974 Topps football...... YES they are brutally tough with centering.
All of the Seventies Topps sets present their own special issues with regards to the centering. I think in the case of the 74's it's the goal Post design that makes the 74's so suseptable to centering and tilts. Those Goal Posts run parelle with the side borders and if they are off even a little it really effects the card. Ive been lucky enough to have obtain lots of nice 74's over the years, as well as purchasing one of the finest raws sets Ive ever seen from my good buddy Mike Tavenner.

Here's a tough one that was on my want list I cracked out last year for my set.

And you probably already know my favorite.

I believe the card is under graded. Its the nicest 74 Staubach Ive ever seen.
When I saw it listed a few years ago I instantly knew I had to have the card.

John

Last edited by BigRedOne; 02-26-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: hng