View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Phil Garry

Thanks, Dan.

Later today, I am going to add the W600 of Burkett next to the Just So. Although the original card was severely trimmed and then rebacked by a collector, the core of the original card still remains so I am going to keep it on my list.

Regrading the E107's and W600's, exactly as you said, I am only listing W600's as Rookie Cards over E107's if a definitive 1902 issue date for that player has been determined. Otherwise, I have gone with the E107.

According to Kevin Struss, who has done extensive research of the Rose Company postcards as well as the Novelty Cutlery postcards, some Roses were issued in 1908 as well as 1909 so those issue dates are believed to be correct.

On the Puerto Rican League stickers, since they are about the same size as standard cards and have player bios on the back, I have chosen to include them. Out of curiosity one time, I tried to peel the "sticker" from the backing and found it impossible to do without harming the piece. I know that an album was issued in 1972 and some were peeled and stuck in there, which probably worked when the glue was fresh.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 09-12-2011 at 06:33 AM.