Thread: What if.....
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Craig

Default What if.....

I've often wondered about this and would be interested in the thoughts of others on the forum.

What if all the stuff that you have collected over the years was now gone (don't be upset - mine too) and, in addition, you could no longer collect anything related to sports (cards, autographs, equipment, programs, photos, etc).

What would you now collect? Are there other areas that have interested you in the past but, for whatever reason, have never pursued?

For me, with my love of the photographic image, I can easily see myself switching to subject matter other than baseball although what that would be is not clear at the moment. On the other hand, areas that I could research and appreciate from a historical perspective, perhaps someone like Lincoln or something like the Civil War would also be appealing.

What interests me most about this question is the fundamental nature of collecting. Can the passion for the acquisition of items in one area be easily transfered to another or are there limits? I realize the answer to my question is entirely dependent on the individual - which is why I would value others opinions.

Thanks,

Craig